Google Forms offers its users an easy way of creating a survey that contains as many questions as they want and need to ask. And in different varieties of styles. There are lots of useful things that you can do with Google Forms. From planning an event to getting answers to really tough questions.
They give you a lot of options for asking questions, from multiple-choice questions to a linear scale. You can personalize your survey to make it look good for instance, you can decorate it to fit its theme. And you can also make certain options mandatory. You can have people to fill in their answers on a web page even though Google Forms surveys are typically sent and answered via email.
Guide on How to Create a Survey in Google Forms
Here is our step-by-step guide on how to create a survey with Google Forms.
- Visit https://docs.google.com/forms/ and then click “Blank”. You can view all the pre-made templates that Google Forms have to offer by clicking “More”.
- You need to Name your survey. You can add a description if you want to name the Google Form for your own reference. Then to edit, click untitled form in the top left corner.
- Tap on the term “Untitled Question” and write a question.
- Click on “Multiple choice”.
- Then you will need to select an option for how you will want the question to be answered. You will have to write in options for answers, except for date and time, short answer, and paragraph.
Multiple choice lets select the answer of their choice from a series of options, while
Checkboxes allow users to select multiple answers.
Short answer and Paragraph give the recipients a blank field for them to fill in.
Linear Scale enables users to answer by choosing a rating from a range such as 1 to 5.
Dropdown gives the recipients a menu that they will need to click to select an answer.
- Click the icons on the side menu to add your survey
- Then you will need to click the required switch to make a question mandatory. Click the trash or duplicate icons to erase or clone the question.
- Repeat steps 3 through step 7 as necessary
- Then you can click the “Palette icon” to change your survey’s color or add a photo to the header
- You will need to click the “eye” icon to preview the survey
- Then the “Gear” icon to access survey settings.
- Then click send.
- Enter recipients. If you want your respondents to answer questions from their email client, “Include form in email”. However, not all clients are in favor of this.
- Fill in a message with a subject line.
- Click Send.
NEXT – Blog Websites and Types
CEO mcfaidesigns & Director nTElls.COM
Developer & Digital Marketer in Lagos, NG. Waiting to meet you!